Then, with an E, indicates time.
Since all good monkeys need to see before they do, let us look at a few examples.
- The if-then statement: "They" say that if you pick your nose, THEN you will build up immunities. If you eat the booger, THEN you might become superhuman. (Really, I don't recommend this practice. Even if you pick a winner, you're sure to look like a loser.)
|Nom nom nom. (Sorry, no political malice here. He left himself wide open for this one.)|
- First, he farted in my general direction, THEN he tossed an air biscuit at me. How rude!
- She was wrinklier, but not cuter, THAN a Shar pei.
|Dis mah sad face. You dumb. Know than.|
- Our new rug was thicker THAN an Armenian's chest hair.
Which one is it?
- She tidied up the house, then/than she hid bodies in the basement.
- If she could have afforded braces, then/than I wouldn't have called her snaggle tooth.
- He was angrier then/than a 10-foot troll trying to scratch its back with a baby fork.
- No one bakes apple pies better then/than my mom does.
And the survey says?
|I sure hope so.|