Monday, February 27, 2012

Unexpected Inspiration

Today's Outfit Inspiration: My Husband

Truth be told: during the school week, I have to pick out my clothes the night before; otherwise, I will end up with a sock on my arm, an earring in only my right ear, and two different colored shoes. OR, it will take me 20 minutes to coherently match items from my closet. Option 1 leaves me feeling manic all day, and option 2 makes me late for work. 

I forgot to pick out my clothes last night. Horrors.






I woke up this morning thinking, "what the crap do I wear?" Then, my husband stepped out of his home office wearing a pink shirt with gray pants. I was digging the color combination, so I hunted for a pink and gray combo in my own closet. Ta da. 

(Note: He is the Jolly Green Giant, so he opted for the white shirt once he realized that his pink shirt was too short for his torso. He then let out a string of profanities when he realized that blood made it onto the collar of his second shirt. Luckily for him, he has a prepared wife who handed him a Tide to-go stick.)

Had I picked out my outfit last night, I would have added some jewelry, chosen different shoes (these are too matchy matchy), and picked another belt. However, time was of the essence, so I threw together this ensemble thanks to Jefferino's inspiration. There's hope for him yet.


The following picture looks much more scandalous than I had intended. I thought, "I want a full body shot, but I can't get the right angle with the tripod." I decided to hop on top of the couch. It seemed appropriate at the time. Hindsight is 20-20.

P.S. That blanket is heaven. No joke. You need one. I have two. Kohl's. 

I hope you enjoy our gray day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment me like wo.